- PhD in electrical engineering, Cambridge University, UK
- PhD in medical engineering, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
- In the 5th batch of Chinese experts in the Major National Talent Project Youth Group
- Winner of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Talent in Jiangsu Province
- Distinguished professor and doctoral supervisor at Soochow University
Dr. Hsu has rich research experience in the field of artificial hearts, focusing on minimally invasive artificial hearts, physiological system simulation, and artificial heart system simulation. He won the American Society for Artificial Internal Organs (ASAIO) Nose International Fellowship in 2014, the only Chinese scholar to do so in the past ten years. In 2019, she became the first Chinese committee member of the International Society for Mechanical Circulation Support (ISMCS) in 30 years.
In 2017, upholding her original intention to transform medical treatment with cutting-edge technology, she established magAssist, leading domestic and overseas teams to jointly develop China’s top short- and medium-term artificial heart product and the first to be internationally competitive.